1. Start-up Research Grant: The Start-up Research Grant (SRG) scheme aims to assist researchers to initiate their research career in a new institution. It is a two-year grant meant to enable researchers working in frontier areas of science and engineering to establish themselves and move on to the mainstream core research grant.
2. Core Research Grant (CRG): The scheme provides core research support to emerging and eminent scientist to undertake research and development in frontier areas of Science and Engineering.
3. Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence (SERB-TARE): This scheme aims to facilitate mobility of faculty members working in a regular capacity in State Universities / Colleges and in private Academic Institutions to carryout research work in an established public funded institution.
4. SERB-MATRICS: To provide fixed grant support to active researchers with good credentials in Mathematical Sciences, Theoretical Sciences and Quantitative Social Sciences.
5. Scientific and Useful Profound Research Advancement (SERB-SUPRA): Transformative and disruptive research concepts based on innovative and unproven hypothesis, possessing a high degree of uncertainty, yet having conviction to produce a lasting impact across discipline boundaries qualify for support under SERB-SUPRA
6. Empowerment and Equity Opportunities for Excellence in Science (SERB-EMEQ): The Empowerment and Equity Opportunities for Excellence in Science (EMEQ) scheme is aimed at providing research support to researchers belonging to the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe in undertaking research in frontier areas of science and engineering.
7. Science and Technology Award for Research (SERB-STAR): SERB Science and Technology Award for Research (SERB-STAR) is a prestigious award instituted by SERB to recognize and reward outstanding performance of Principal Investigators (PIs) of SERB Projects.
8. Technology Translation Award (SERB-TETRA): SERB-TETRA would be awarded to select PIs who have clearly demonstrated translational potential of their research (patents, etc.) and have established contact with industrial partners for fast-track graduation to a prototype stage and beyond
9. SERB International Research Experience (SERB-SIRE): This Program aims to impart high-end research training in frontier areas of Science and Technology, which are of interest to India by providing opportunity to visit leading institutions/universities across the globe for a period of 02-06 months.
Note: This information copied from Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) official website.